Before I move on to other books and other interviews, let’s circle back to The Making of Major League one last time. You can read my review of the book HERE or dig in for my extensive conversation with author Jonathan Knight about the creation of the book HERE.
The fine folks at Gray & Company, the book’s publisher, have kindly sent me two copies of the book to use as a giveaway on my site. I got both books signed by Jonathan, so now it’s time to give them away!
I might as well do this in a way that entertains me, so due to the fun my co-worker and I had a dozen years ago by passing the time by sending each other themed haiku about Da Ali G Show and Star Wars, my contest is going to require a haiku about Major League.
For those unfamiliar with haiku, it is a non-rhyming three-line poem in which the first and third lines have five syllables and the middle line has seven syllables. So like this:
My sole qualification
To be a poet
1. The haiku should be about the movie Major League. (I will also allow haiku about Jonathan’s book or my conversation with Jonathan.)
2. Enter as many times as you want. The more entertaining Major League haiku I get to read, the better for me.
3. Enter by posting your haiku as a comment to this blog post, emailing me at my yahoo dot com email address (sirk65) with the subject “Major League haiku”, or post in reply to my Facebook post when I inevitably link this there.
4, Deadline for entry is 8:00pm EDT on Monday, August 10.
5. Books can only be mailed to a U.S. address.
6. The winners will be my two favorite haiku.
7. HAVE FUN!